Iran Top 10
As a final post on Iran, we wanted to leave with the highlights of an intense three weeks crossing the country. It was very hard to narrow it down and to place the items in order, but below is our top 10 list:
1) Trying to explain to a driver why Americans think Iranians are terrorists – explaining that Americans think Iranians are Arabs was just the start of a long, interesting conversation.
2) Old city of Yazd – whoever invented the windtower was smart.
3) Dried apricots – the best dried fruit you will ever eat.
4) Form-fitting manteaus – it’s as good as it gets.
5) Persepolis – world-class ruins.
6) Bazaars – Tehran’s is the world’s largest and the bazaar does 1/3 of the country’s retail transactions.
7) Date milk shake – clearly.
8) Swimming in Persian Gulf with dolphins – the Persian Gulf is like a giant swimming pool, warm and bright green.
9) A hospital visit to get 10 stitches from a doctor wearing Armani for only $24.42 – our insurance wasn’t accepted, but we raised the cash and haven’t had any problems with the cut since.
10) Rayen fortress – one can only imagine what Bam looked like before the earthquake.